View Single Post
Old 02-13-2006, 12:00 AM

Default Re: no-limit capped games??

[ QUOTE ]
i often read that you don't want to play no-limit with a player with a much larger stack... in a tournament, i can understand that... and for risk management (positive EV but you don't want to lose your whole stack), i could maybe understand.. but from pure EV point of view, i don't see the big problem.

also, i've read that sometimes guys with big stacks think they are in a tournament and throw the $$$$ around. that sounds great in a cash game where you don't care as much about losing your stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

It usually seems to be the short stacks acting like they're in a tournament. They get a medium pocket pair or something and push.

Think of it in terms of how many hands you have to win to take all of your opponents money versus how many he has to win to take all of yours. That's how you measure the balance of power in a cash game. If you need to win ten hands to bust him and he only needs to get lucky once to clean you out, whose going to win more money? You can keep rebuying for, say, $10, but he's going to take that sooner or later, too, even if he has to double you up five times before he busts you.