View Single Post
Old 01-27-2007, 12:56 PM

Default Re: new study on diet vs exercise

[ QUOTE ]
Now I know I personally liked how I felt physically then more than I do now, but let's face it: with a 10 hour work day and more responsibilities, 2 hours of soccer practice/game type intensity isn't feasible. But if it were, would my body be better off in the long term? Or would I simply break down by the time I'm 35 (or 40, or 50)?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is really the best arguement for crossfit possible. You can design a crossfit like program that literally will never take more than 45mins a day and you can do it in your backyard or garage.

[ QUOTE ]
I look at the crossfit site, and I think to myself, "wow. some people are really beating the crap out of their bodies." Some might have genetic capabilities that allow them to do that.. but I wonder if some go through that sort of brutal training and are really causing all sorts of harm that will show up down the road.

[/ QUOTE ]

The training is really not that brutal. All the workouts ask is you go hard for the duration and anyone can do that as long as they have some determination. Ensure that you give yourself adequate rest (you will need a lot more when first starting) and warm up and cool down before and after every workout.

While I think everyone has the genetic capability to get strong, fit, and healthy there are very few people that have the genetic capability to have a poor diet, get no exercise, not enough sleep, and be 30lbs overweight - while still being healthy and fit.