View Single Post
Old 01-27-2007, 12:24 PM

Default Re: More Bad News from Neteller

[ QUOTE ]

Well, you are being a jerk. From the tone of your posts, it sounds like you're more interested in kicking people when they're down and winning an "I Told You So" contest than actually engaging in dialogue.

[/ QUOTE ]

How am I kicking people when they're down? All I'm doing is pointing out that the optimists in this discussion don't have a very good track record. It's not about being right, it's about warning people so they don't follow the optimist advice blindly.

If people spoke on this subject with properly balanced statements my tone would not even be present. When people tell you not to worry, that it's all going to pass, etc, etc. then yeah I word my opinions more strongly so as to get people's attention.

And if you don't know of anybody who predicted that ACH processors would get shut down eventually then you've got a serious case of selective memory. Did I know that the banks would voluntarily kick Neteller in the junk, no. Did I know that it would be rather trivial for banks to shut off ACH transactions to companies the US Treasury didn't like, yes. I was only off in terms of when, not if.

And again, it's not about me being right. It's about people who pontificated on this subject back in Oct and banged on the table that everyone who had a pessimistic view was over-reacting. Those people may have seriously screwed people over. If people would have discussed the situation in something other than a state of denial maybe some people would have taken extra precautions.

Believe me, this is a subject I don't want to be right about. Unfortunately, I am.