View Single Post
Old 01-27-2007, 02:33 AM

Default Re: Helpful Hints For Random Things Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Never run lights while in the right lane. If you screw up, you're far closer to a brutal collision from someone turning left. Try to pick the center lane whenever possible, as it will gain you extra time to get through the light as well as give you more bailout room.

[/ QUOTE ]

am I the only person who didn't understand this part?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you imagine an intersection, the car that presents most danger to you is the one about to turn left from your right-hand perspective. The red light runners generally clip this car more often than any other car, simply because if they *really* run the light, this car is closest to you. If you are in the center lane, you give yourself about an extra 8 feet of room before the car can potentially hit you, which gains valuable time. Being in the right lane is a mistake because you're likely to hit them as soon as they enter the intersection.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand why the car in question has to be turning left for it to be at risk? Isn't it pretty much the same as him going straight? Bah whatever, it's a stupid thing to argue about, and I think this thread actualy has some potential.