View Single Post
Old 01-26-2007, 06:52 PM

Default Re: Bodog! Gimme my money!

I posted tis in the other thread but will post it here as well, as it may calm some nerves:

On 1/23 I requested a payout of $24,500 from my Bodog account via check. (This was within 12 hours of their announcement that they could now issue checks for payouts). The payout was processed quickly, and I was notified yesterday that it would arrive via FedEx before 10:30am today. This morning, FedEx arrived at 9:00am with my check, drawn in US dollars from the Bank of Montreal (New York Branch). There was no mention of Bodog anywhere on the check. For paranoia reasons I'll avoid stating any other identifying details. I deposited the check into my bank account at lunch today. Due to its size they placed an 11 day hold on the full release of the funds, with partial release in 5 days. And they encouraged me to look into their CD products (although i think I'll be opening an ING Direct account with it once the money is released).

Anyway, it seems to me if Bodog was out to screw anyone, they would start with someone like me, who withdrew a large amount from his account. Instead, they have been very helpful and have gone out of their way to pay me my money -- they also processed a $3k WU transaction for me last week that took about 72 hours to complete.

I gather I was fortunate to get into their payout system early, but they DO have a new system in place and seems to be working, so I would urge those with funds in limbo to be patient: if Bodog didn't cheat me out of $25k, they probably won't cheat you, either.