View Single Post
Old 01-26-2007, 11:58 AM

Default Re: Are games at US-friendly sites still fair?

William,

You should as a regular on 2+2, and thus someone who presumably has read GT&OT and related mathematical articles/books on bankroll and winrate and variance, etc., know what is happening overall, and especially to limit HE (and no although I'm a big bet only player I'm not ragging on limit players).

The games got tougher, and in fact very tough. Yet you continued to play, thus exercising poor game selection. Not being able to exercise better game selection doesn't mean you aren't in fact exercising poor game selection. So your winrate went down, and that means your variance will go up. THAT is the explanation for your predicament, and it does NOT raise the ridiculous question of whether the games are "fair" or not (i.e. not rigged).

So basically you've been forced to take a pay cut and become a min-wage worker. So either get a new job (which if you want to stay in the poker industry probably means NLHE whether you like it or not), or accept your new lower wage. Just don't become another "it's rigged" poster.