View Single Post
Old 01-26-2007, 08:06 AM

Default Re: AJo facing PF reraise late in a tourney

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...so that you can fold to a resteal from somebody who can significantly damage your stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is key for me.

This short stack can still significantly damage our stack.
And we only got AJ

I appreciate the money we`re getting is good but its only AJ.
for 2/3 our stack.

For the record i would call too as played. And one reason for that is, If i fold here after putting that much in im getting pushed around for the rest of the tournement.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Only" AJ isn't really an issue here. If the hand has good equity against his range, it doesn't matter how [censored] our hand is. As played, AJ is a monster against his range since most people overplay small pairs and if you're flipping you have a gigantic overlay.

As for getting pushed around if you fold here, that's not very true at all, because maybe only 5% of players (or less at this limit) actually have the capability to spot overally weakness in a player like that. They pretty much only play their cards unless you have been REALLY active.

As played, pretty easy call. But I'm with timex, your opening raise should only be to 15k. If he pushes then and you're getting about 2:1 it's still a call, and with the huge blinds/antes it's probably close. If you're folding to a push here you probably should just be folding it preflop.