View Single Post
Old 01-26-2007, 02:36 AM

Default Looking for investment recommendations

This is my first post here but I have been viewing the forum for a couple months now. I was hoping you guys could give me a little help. I have zero knowledge of investing; I have been trying to get assistance from previous posts but most I dont understand. My situation is I am a 19 year old student who has been playing poker for the last year or two. I have around 400k, 30% of which is in poker sites, and the rest is in a 4.5% liquid CD that my bank talked me into. I dont want my money to be locked up for long periods of time, and I am not scared of taking the risk of losing a nice sum of money if the benefit can be large. What type of investments would you recommend? Do you recommend that I go to a place like fidelity and hire someone? Or do you think that the investments I should be in I can manage by myself? I would like to keep 100k online to make sure if I hit a tough run that I dont go broke on the site. We all know how hard it is moving money around now. I greatly appreciate your help.