View Single Post
Old 01-26-2007, 12:50 AM

Default Re: AK vs a habitual 3-better

I hate situations like these. The majority of the time he won't even be able to call a 4-bet but when you finally decide to push back he has the nuts. I've experienced a ton of the same thing lately. And I'm no where near loose. I run about 20/15/4.

There was a guy the other night who would raise every time it was folded to him in the CO or the button. I mostly folded to him, pry about 10 times in a row when he did this, and finally 3-bet him once when i was BB and he called. I c-bet flop w/ K high and he just about timed out and folded. About 4 orbits later I smooth called him and c/r the flop w/ a big str8 and flush draw. Turn blank and I bet again but he pushed. I was getting about 2.5 to 1 but folded b/c I figured had to have 2 pr or a set. I guess these guys always have monsters, cuz no semi-bluffing or bluffing allowed.

Same guy, different table, would 3-bet me almost any time I raised from CO or otb when he was in the blinds. I just don't know how to react to that type of aggression except to 4-bet with some marginal hands. Funny thing is this villain runs about 20/19...just as the one you are describing. I wonder...