View Single Post
Old 01-25-2007, 05:58 PM

Default Re: Making Infused Vodka

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've made weed vodka out of old stems before, but thats about it

[/ QUOTE ]
Did you get high as you drank it? I've heard that THC can't be extracted in alcohol unless it's in somewhere around a %60 solution. I've also heard using everclear to extract it then using stuff to dilute it and for flavoring is awesome. Still planing on trying it......

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have to imagine using a higher proof alcohol would get you better yields of THC, but I honestly have never tried it. Using 80 proof standard vodka worked really well for me. I imagine whatever is floating around is related to everclear giving higher yield of THC by weight, as vodka does contain water and THC is a hydrophobic chemical, so it's likely to be quite inefficient, but who the hell cares? They're stems.

Just keep in mind that, since you are drinking vodka, you aren't going to be just "high", though it does indeed get you affected and is akin to eating pot brownies (or anything else where THC is ingested). Ingestion vs. inhalation is quite different.

BTW, if anyone is trying to infuse vodka with anything (not just illicit drugs, you stoner bastards), I suggest trying out a soy vodka. I tried a brand called "3", spent $20 for a 750 mL bottle, and it was some of the smoothest tasting vodka I've ever had. I would buy this over Grey Goose anyday of the week now.