View Single Post
Old 01-25-2007, 12:38 PM

Default Re: Screen goes white

Rawr! Bears scare me!

So, what happened two weeks ago when the screen starting using itself as white out? Didja update anything, like graphics drivers? Do you have the pc set to autoupdate anything like that via Windows Automatic Updater?

Also, when you say the screen returns to normal, how does it do this? Do you have to do anything to make it do so?

This sounds like it could be a fun combination of things. How old is your monitor? Did you get it with your 2 year old computer?

As far as your ram concern, I wouldn't think, from the issue involved, that ram would be the problem. Could your pc use more ram? Hells yeah! Every pc wants, no, CRAVES more memory! But if you want cheap pep, defrag that hard drive, make sure it's not too full, minimize the number of background tasks/processes operating (ctrl + [censored] + esc in windows XP, I have 44 processes running currently on my laptop right now. But don't go shutting them down willy-nilly. Your pc needs some of them. A quick google search can show which ones are needed, which are annoying, and which are viruses you got that one time you were redirected to a beastialty website.)