View Single Post
Old 01-23-2007, 12:50 PM

Default Re: Rolled Kings against good opponent

Well, assuming sound play on his part one of two things is clearly true:

1) He's full
2) He believes your bluffed 6th street.

Your hand initially looks like a steal (maybe unpaired high cards), split kings, or possible a flush draw. You get frisky on 6th, when the purported flush draw hits. He can't put you on aces or split kings because you raised 5th street, but you could be on rolled kings. So his bet on 6th really does represent the boat, because everything you could be on beats trips.

At the same time, there's quite a bit of confusion here because you came in in steal position, and might have bluffed the spade on 6th street.

I think I don't raise 6th since he's representing a hand that beats me, and I call 7th. The 5:1 pot/implied odds on those two bets combined plus the chance of filling up makes me pay off a likely-stronger hand.

I don't think 6th can be raised for value, because I think he's either got air or a boat. I don't expect to see anything in the middle.

BTW, definitely don't open-limp. YUCK!!!!

Edit: as you can guess, I didn't look at results first. Anyone want to take a shot at explaining villain's line on 6th? He pretty much has to think you're bluffing the flush, and if so, when you call his re-raise, why does he bet 7th?