View Single Post
Old 02-12-2006, 03:11 AM

Default Re: A few hands from someone trying to learn

Often you should be betting or raising with solid draws for a) value, if any. b) free cards c) to buy pair outs(especially true if your draw contains overcards)

Hand 1. fold preflop, I know you want to open up, but this is a hand you want to see a pot multiway and you're already in MP2 with no one in the pot.

Given that you played the hand played I like it. You'll see overpairs here semi-often. Most agressivbe oppenents(assuming he is one) will 3 bet the flop with a flush draw here.

Hand 2. If he shows a flush that sucks. I'm very tempted to NOT 3-bet this turn. Depends on the aggressiveness of the raiser.

Hand 3. Bet the river, checking doesn't save you a bet unless you're folding(which you aren't), and betting gets a call from all the small pairs he probably won't bet. You can fold to a raise unless it's a maniac.

Hand 4. 3-betting the turn is spewing here. You're going to be beaten alot here, although probably not enough to warrant folding, but certainly enough to call down and not re-raise.