View Single Post
Old 01-23-2007, 08:23 AM

Default Re: Awesome [not the typical schneids hand]

[ QUOTE ]
I feel like javel played this hand really well but forgot one of the Clarkmeister rules and should have 3 bet the river just in case. Also, your flop bet, turn check/call just blew my mind and I don't think anyone properly appreciates how useful that line might be. I vow to use it the next time I play a toughish game at least once.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

hope i'm not stepping on mikey's toes here or bringing too much strat to bbv, but the flop donk, turn check/call line is useful where there are a LOT of river cards that can come that will allow you to make bluffing more profitable (by keeping the pot small). in this case, any A, any h (or apparantly to mikey) any K make such a bluff good (either by betting out or c'ring) and in this individual hand, opponent may check other better a hand behind (better a-highs...no pair is ever checking).

counter argument is that mikey should let opponent use those cards to bluff since his hand is v showdownable. personally, i'd choose this one as i'd think villian would bet the river with plenty of hands that i beat w/ Ahigh but i can't imagine hands that he'd bet/fold that are better than ace high given the line mikey took. if i were villian and i had a pair that was value betting, i'd say "king high flush draw good" and call with my low pair and/or AJ/AQ ish hands b/c there are plenty of straight draws and heart draws there that donk flop/check call turn and make sense. it even makes sense to bet the AQhigh for value + allow a good player a chance to bluff c'r especially if you're seen as a folder given the # of draws out there and how the hand was played.

v-betting the good a highs makes sense b/c the way mikey played looks like either one of 2 things, 1) a draw which may include an ace of hearts, or may want to use the K as a chace to bluff (if you're seen as a folder, which i am), 2) a weaker ace that wants to get to showdown and doesn't want to get raised off.

end strategy mumbo jumbo.

Barron