View Single Post
Old 01-22-2007, 04:49 PM

Default Re: How bad is this? ATo BB vs UTG pfr

[ QUOTE ]
This is the first orbit at the table for UTG. So far he has done nothing to stand out, either good or bad, and I'm not even gonna post the stats. The table as a whole has been playing like what I like to describe as "Euro-tight". Not very much limping, and when someone does limp, it's usually something solid, with pfr including things like JTs+, 88+. People will cc rather than threebang it with premium hands. Postflop is a lot of c-bets and overplaying onepr hands. I really don't like this, but I'm not sure, so I thought I'd get some other eyes to look at it.

. . .

River: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5.2BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, planning to trey a raise and fold to a cap.

[/ QUOTE ]
Uh, no offense, but that's dumb. The only hands that beat you out of his conceivable UTG raising range are KK and maaaybbeee 99 or KT. But it's basically KK.

If Villain caps, I'm not folding. Especially since your read is that the table overplays one-pair hands. Then, if you're capped on the river, you're crushing AK way more than you're losing to KK.