Thread: Oh So Standard?
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2007, 09:48 AM

Default Re: Oh So Standard?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
well, what better hands does the villain fold to a flop bet? JJ?

what worse hands can hero get more than one barrel of value from?

[/ QUOTE ]
I get called all the time by random pairs on the flop that check it down, yeah people spew against you if you 3-bet+c-bet light...

Also you'll never get more than one street of value out of this hand once the flop hits with the overcard (unless you hit a set), if I KNOW that villain is overly agressive I might call him down and check the flop but this is very rare and certainly not standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly, hero's hand is not good enough to get two barrels of value. so why do most people bet the flop with this hand? is it because that's the street that villains are most likely to call with a worse hand on? maybe, that's the only reason i can think of that makes sense.

[/ QUOTE ]
It is for me because I bet most hands on the flop I raise preflop with, this might be different for you because you are more likely to check the flop with a lot of hands.

As I said, its a difference in style and betting this flop or checking it are neither wrong or right IMO...
In fact is pretty close together, I get more money from my monsters (TPTK/overpair/sets) while you probably win more with the weaker holdings.