Thread: A Master Plan?
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2007, 01:52 AM

Default Re: A Master Plan?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What if a site sets something up so that each individual player could have his or her own overseas bank account? I'm sure there would be quite some cost in doing this, maybe we will end up paying some fees. On the other hand, perhaps because there are so many of us there would be a nice 'group discount'. Not to mention that the sites could pool together for the American player and all help each other.

[/ QUOTE ]

This exact solution was being contemplated by PokerStars when the UIGEA first went into effect. I was hanging out with Greg Raymer at Foxwoods, the weekend the bill was signed into law.

Even in those early days, he indicated that one potential solution that PokerStars was investigating, was opening an individual Swiss bank account for every real money customer at 'Stars. The costs would be relatively low, since the volume would obviously be very high. In this hypothetical arrangement, the costs to the end-user (that's us, the players), would either be small, or non-existent.

That was the idea as contemplated at the time, at least. I don't know if they've moved further along with it since then, but then again, we were all taken by surprise a bit by the Neteller thing. Hopefully, something along these lines is in the works.

[/ QUOTE ]
Pokerstars should just buy a Swiss bank if that's gonna be their game. Then they could even loan out our money to individuals and corporations and make EVEN MORE money off of us.