View Single Post
Old 01-21-2007, 09:28 AM

Default Re: the real solution to US regs

I too am concerned with the damage to this rare marine eco system ie. the loss of edible fish. Although I'm not a great player (or even very good) I've been a consistent winner and the only time I've redeposited is to take advantage of the bonus system. I suspect that the same is true with most 2 plus 2 players. Any check of Sharkscope confirms that 80% of the people we play against are steady losers and once they stop playing because of the dificulty, unreliability and cost of re-deposting, the party is over.

The truth is that all of this may be moot if and when the government sets out to really enforce these new laws. To date it's all been over reaction by the Netellers and partypokers of our world to some small moves by the govt. But once the govt. really gets in gear, it could end in a few weeks. The last few months have shown what they can do when they're barely trying and the weak reaction of the sites tells you that there will be very little opposition when push finally comes to shove.

I'm preparing myself for the eventual (two to six months) loss of this great, convenient and profitable hobby because there's no way I'm sitting in a brick and mortar for eight hours not to mention driving there, waiting on line and hoping for a game. I love poker only on the Internet and I suspect that my attitude is representative of over 50% of the players who will mostly quit playing once this ban becomes reality. The rest will find their way back to the brick and mortar places and spend their money which is why this legislation was inacted. Aren't you folks who elected a Republican Congress and Senate of the past few years happy with your votes?