View Single Post
Old 01-21-2007, 12:08 AM

Default Re: Are Sports Betting Sites Braver Than Poker Sites

[ QUOTE ]
To my dismay, I found one website on which it seemed that a much higher percentage of sports betting sites continue to service US market than poker sites.

[/ QUOTE ]

another observation:

poker-sites frequently have skins.
So when crypto pulls out that's something like 10 sites pulling out and I don't think they have a choice in the matter.

Sports-betting sites aren't 'skins' as far as I know.

Some sports-betting sites like Ladbrokes and William Hill and EuroSport (or whatever the sports-betting side of EuroPoker was called) were never even taking U.S. bets even before the legislation.

And several biggies have pulled out since the legislation.

In fact, because of the added profitability of line-shopping across several different sites, the legislation could very well be having a more dramatic impact on many good internet sports-bettors.
with online-poker, you can be profitable just playing one site if you want. But with sports-betting it would be silly to just have one site and one set of lines.
Losing Pinnacle and their favorable lines hurts A LOT.

And now Mansion is no longer accepting deposits from U.S. customers, although those still with funds on the site can continue to use the SportsBet Exchange there.

I'm really hoping Homer isn't right about more sites pulling out after the Super Bowl. But I think Homer being incorrect about this is extremely unlikely.