View Single Post
Old 01-19-2007, 06:57 PM

Default is this excusable?

This is a super juicy table. A few hands after this I went on a 5 buyin run, eliminating the two big stacks at the table.

Basically, the reraiser in this hand is donkey-tilting. Raising 100% of hands preflop, and betting 80% on flop. I've seen him give up exactly twice on when someone plays back at him, but mostly he is just taking the small stacks to the felt each time.

I've doubled through him twice now, once winning with bottom two pair when my 13 out st8 missed. He hates me. The other guy in the hand is the passive, tight nit we all hate. I've never seen him mini bet, but he knew that the preflop raiser would bet pot if he had checked, so why minibet? Draw your own conclusions.

Poker Stars
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $1/2

Seat 1: a ($813.05 in chips)
Seat 3: b ($69.95 in chips)
Seat 4: hero($592.35 in chips)
Seat 5: mr tight($116 in chips)
Seat 6: donkeytilt($390.10 in chips)

Poker Stars
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero calls, CO calls, <font color="#cc0000">donkey tilt raises to $11</font>, SB calls, BB folds, Hero calls, CO calls.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($46, 4 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">mr tight bets $6</font>, <font color="#cc0000"> donkey tilt raises to $48</font>, SB folds, Hero ?

You probably guessed, I thought and thought and finally folded. Donkeytilt's range is a little better than a random hand here, but mr tight has either some set, NFD, or giant wrap here 100% of the time. My thought was RR or fold situation, hope to drive off some competing draws. I still didn't like the proposition of playing for 2 buyins with a lot of non nut draws.

FWIW, i would have happily donked it all in had mr tight checked initially. Basically, his minibet caused me to pussy out.

THoughts???