View Single Post
Old 01-19-2007, 06:22 PM

Default Re: tough spot with AA - 10£/20£

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the cold call on the flop, and prefer a pot reraise or push (I am not folding flop if he repops a reraise).

His turn bet seems like AK to me. I don't see the value in him betting the pot with the flush in a dry side, unless he is playing with scared money (which may be a possibility). Nor do I think he is going to pot it with a flopped set in case you hit the flush.

With the AH as backup, I think I push here.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only problem is that AK is the only hand you are beating if you put any stock in his stats (10/5). Admittedly, I am not too sure how important those stats are since they are only over the course of 30 hands, but any legit 10/5 has at least AK here and more likely a set. Problem is, I didn't think 10/5 type people even existed at 6-max so maybe he has just gotten gotten really [censored] cards over this short span.

I lean towards folding, but I don't agree with OP that it is an easy fold. If he were a legit 10/5 we would know he is not only very tight, but a bad player (10/5 in 6-max seems a little ridiculous). This would basically mean he has a set, as his horrible check-cold call slow play makes more sense coming from a tight but bad player.

But I just don't think that we can be sure that we found one of the only 10-5 players in the 6-max universe due to 30 hands of data. The reason I say I lean towards folding is because I think this stats show he is most likely tight (though not 10-5 tight). So basically, AK is the only hand you can hope to be ahead of here.

I would fold turn, though I could understand a push given you have the redraw.

I think your overcall on the flop is fine, as his check-cold call is pretty scary, a fact that many UTG limping weak-tight slow players don't seem to understand.