View Single Post
Old 01-19-2007, 12:55 PM

Default Re: Blind defense scenario that comes up fairly often

Hey sharpie,

This spot is awesome. My line here really depends on how the games are playing out. I would tell you I fold pf but I'm a man of my word on friday.

One line I take is check/call, check/call, check/fold. I would say donk the river but I'm not doing that. These guys will bet ace hi 2 streets pretty much always but not the river. That usually seems like a time to quit.

Check/call, check/call, donk if the game seems good.

Check/raise, check/call, check/fold is a cool one too. I know it makes no sense but anyone with a sense of the game would say to themselves "well he has a draw or he is calling here" And they check behind with hands as strong as KJ at times. The reason why this line is cool is because if it goes check/raise, check/check, you can donk and pretty much always get 1 bet form a worse hand.

These are pretty much the lines I take if I'm not comfortable bet/folding the turn.

But in this hand I would check/raise and then bet. I probably fold the turn to a raise if it's an A or K. I honestly can't see him raising a Q. He would need AQ or KQ but also with a Q and a J on the board people play weird.