View Single Post
Old 01-18-2007, 09:38 AM

Default Re: BB KK into a 3 way flop.. grumble!

No, we don't have to worry about trying to understand how someone comes to the realization that he should raise his 72o preflop. They just do sometimes.
That fact, that they do raise it sometimes, we should incorporate in our assessment of the situation. Of course, a raise often means a strong hand, but not every time - not nearly as often as lines like

[ QUOTE ]
He's OOP so you can bet he's on a strong hand but he'd have capped if he was on AA. Seems to me he's probably on AK or AQs [...]So yeah, you probably were right to fold this. I mean, what would an UTG+1 call a 3bet with except Ace big?

[/ QUOTE ]

insinuate. Don't assume too much.

We don't know that he would have capped AA, in fact, many fish don't because they don't want to "loose customers", they don't "want to give their hand away" and whatever other crazyness crossses their mind.
We can guess villains likely range and try going from there. "Villain must have ... otherwise he would have ..." will definitely loose you money. Money you could have won and money you shouldn't have lost.

Of course you should think about what reasonable hands villain might hold - that's the whole point - but there's a huge area of grey between "reasonable level of play" and "villain is a maniac". It just seemed to me that you kind of "fluctuate" between two extrema: In that n00b-post, you start with how fishy our opponents are, and now you assume every raise to mean AA... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]