View Single Post
Old 01-18-2007, 04:34 AM

Default Re: Analyzing alternative deposit methods

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why do you not list ePassporte? Seems like the most commonly accepted site...

[/ QUOTE ]

epassporte charges $5 for every $100 deposited

[/ QUOTE ]

From their website:[ QUOTE ]

Deposit/Load
Credit/Debit Card: US$5.00 per US$100.00 load or portion thereof
US Checking Account: US$5.00 per US$100.00 load or portion thereof for the initial load., then US$2.00 per reload regardless of amount reloaded.

Withdraw
ePassporte Visa Virtual Account Holders may transfer directly to a US Bank Account for a flat fee of US$2.00 per transfer. Non-US bank account holders can request a bank wire transfer for a fee of US$50.00. ePassporte Visa Virtual Account Holders who purchased a Visa Card can withdraw funds at millions Visa and/or PLUS ATM locations worldwide for just US$2.00 each transaction.

[/ QUOTE ]

That sure reads to me like it costs 5% for deposits via credit card. $5 for your intitial checking account deposit and $2 for every subsequent deposit transaction. Withdraws to a checking account seems to be $2 per transaction.

Now their definition of a transaction:
[ QUOTE ]
Standard: $500 maximum transaction amount Max 10 transactions, Max 5 loads
Select status: $1000 maximum transaction amount, Max 10 transactions, Max 5 loads

[/ QUOTE ]

But here is the key:
[ QUOTE ]
ePassporte Personal Account Holders may alternatively contact our Account Holder Services Department to increase their limits by providing additional personal information and documentation.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can increase your limits even further than $1000 per transaction. Even at a maximum of $1000/transaction, that equates to 0.2% which doesnt seem too bad to me.

I'm not sure how high they will let you go but if you can get it raised to say $10K. You are only paying 0.02% which is pennies...