Thread: Middle Set
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2007, 10:01 PM

Default Results

if utg had bet out and short stack raised, there is no way i think about folding middle set. at some point all the money is going in.

however, the check raise after a bet and reraise made me think. as i wrote earlier, to move all in after a bet and raise when 6 players saw the flop lead me to think " "top set". worstplayer's post had some of the same thinking i went through. "maybe he thinks i was just trying to isolate the short stack".

however, my instincts said fold. most of the posts thought is was an easy call. so maybe i thought too much. middle set is not one to fold (especially on this board). bottom set can be folded occasionally. and i still feel if we have 100BB plus behind us it may be a fold.

despite my instincts that the check raise all in screamed top set i could not fold middle set. i hope to see AA, possibly KK. he had QQ, top set. i want to thank all of you for your responses. i was angry that i didn't go with my gut. however, despite the result, i think i made the correct call, given the way it was played, and given the stack size. also, that many of you thought that this was an easy call also helped me feel like i chose correctly, thanks again.