View Single Post
Old 01-17-2007, 03:38 PM

Default Re: Will somebody tell me what the PPA has accomplished?

But, as far as most of us can see, no one, including the PPA, is doing anything. As far as I can tell, PPA is so far a T-Shirt and Press Release factory.

I could make a website and release press releases all day long, but I don't currently have anything to say other than "This whole situation is stupid, and we need to figure out the best way to change it."

I see it's got an endorsement from Raymer, and Ferguson, and Lederer, but other than "PPA responds to legislation", -is anything happening?-

Granted, I see they have a "BLOG AND FORUM" link that looks to be new in the last week or two, and I haven't visited that, but I don't see anything going on in here.

I know that I signed up on this site because there were respected pros that read here, but I haven't seen any of them weigh in on anything in a while. I know a few of them have some legal backgrounds, and would hope that they would contribute some opinions as to what is going on, and what the best course of action would be. I know never to trust a poker player at a table ,but away from a table they generally are pretty trustworthy people [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] So, having a few that have legal backgrounds would be especially helpful in forming opinions and such. All I can go on personally is my rudimentary legal knowledge, which only comes from having an understanding of all the words used (i say that that even counts because there are lots of people that read an official lawyer document, and can't make heads or tails out of any of it's meaning)

It can't possibly hurt us to form another organization with the same goal. And if PPA actually is doing something worthwhile behind the scenes, then everyone can work together.