View Single Post
Old 01-17-2007, 06:25 AM

Default Re: Probably the weakest ive ever played a big flop

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think flop is OK. You need to call turn here though, as I think he's on some kind of draw very often A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] especially comes to mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

If we are going to call the turn bet, there is absolutely no idea just calling on the flop. Especially if he could have hand like A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], which I doubt because he only minraised on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

What I meant is that calling flop is OK if you also call turn (it's a blank). When Villain RR turn to 80 he's committing himself. So a push is obv better as his range include all kinds of draws, some of which you actually beat when they hit (weaker flushes).

As played I don't fold turn, but I might have gotten it all wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the thing is that I don't that think that villain has any draw because he made such a light reraise. The natural play would be to just shove. So if we push we get to see both streets and also get paid of when we hit. If villain has a made hand the optimal play for him, given that he knows our hand, is to wait for a blank turn card and then push all-in with a big enough bet so we don't have odds to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree completely. Which is why pushing flop is better than calling. Calling the flop RR and then folding is awful.