View Single Post
Old 01-16-2007, 02:36 PM

Location: Hastings 3L!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Default Re: 2/4 Top pair + gutshot facing a lot of action on draw heavy board

[ QUOTE ]
I think the reraise on the flop might be a little much. But I dont remember for sure if it was a raise or a reraise. It would make more sense for it to be a raise but Im not really sure which it was.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, given the read on SB you can't feel good about your hand right now. Given his 3-bet his range could be AK, AA, KK, QQ, AQ, maybe KQ which have you beat. What he would 3-bet and be losing with is JJ, TT. I doubt he 3-bets preflop with AJ in his position. Maybe he has AJs or A10s.

The flop action kind of tosses out JJ and TT. Thats a very scary board for those cards and he has to pray for a 4-card straight.

If there was a raise you have the odds to call, the question is should you 3-bet? You said it was too much, but thats why I wanted to know if you tried to do a free card play. This is tough since SB is aggressive.

Whether this is a good place to try a free card play is questionable, but it would be one reason to raise. You do have TPGK and a straight draw. Given his range I don't think you are ahead here though, especially if he calls, so you basically have a straight draw with a very slight chance of being ahead. If the free card play would work then I'd do it. You're paying 1.5-bets to see the river which would cost you 2bets to see the river. If you just want to see the turn then call. But I'd be very worried about SB raising. This is a tough spot.