View Single Post
Old 01-16-2007, 02:47 AM

Default Re: Anyone travel a long distance in the States by car?

I haven't driven as far as you're going to, but I've driven from Chicago to Austin a few times. Here's what I've learned:

1) Don't eat big meals. Eating a burger and fries is horrible for your energy level. Eat some fresh fruit or healthy snack food like every hour or two. Apples, bananas, berries, whatever. Get some Odwalla energy bars.

2) You'll need some caffiene. The problem is that caffiene is a diuretic. If you keep drinking coffee or soda, you'll keep having to pee all the time. You don't want to drink anything if you don't need it. The solution is to eat dark chocolate. It has some caffiene without the excess liquid.

3) Don't jerkoff. Ali's friend is dumb.

4) Wear earplugs. The constant road noise gives me a headache after so many hours, which makes me feel more fatigued.

5) Make sure your car is in good shape. Change the oil, check all the fluids, and the tire pressure.

6) The day before the trip, get a deep tissue massage. It will totally loosen up all your muscles, especially in your back, hips and shoulders. You'll feel great, and you'll be able to sit for a longass time without getting sore.