View Single Post
Old 01-15-2007, 10:45 PM

Default Re: Everyone folding this?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop raise is crap. If I was in Villain's spot and had 66 or 88, I would call that. If you made it $7 pre, I'd fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting theory. My raise is crap if you want me to start betting stupid amounts XBB. I dont think i have ever threw $7 in PF at this level. I dont see anybody else doing it either. Would that be your standard reraise at this level?
Would you rather everybody folded to you PF so you didn't have to bother playing the other streets. I love it when people call my reraises when i have AA and we go to the flop. Its probably my my most profitable hand.
The post did not ask how to make everyone fold when you have AA. If he reraised me again PF i probably would just go AI because he liked his hand so much.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they love their hand enough (AK, AQ, AJ, AA, KK, QQ, JJ, TT) depending how loose they are, they'll call....Hell, I've made reraises and been called by KJ. Point being, you raise because you want their money. You don't want them to rightfully call to hit their set. Let them make the mistake. If you reraised to $7 and he reraised you to $14, then sure, he's going all the way with you, get the money in preflop. Don't worry about folding out hands (without having very specific reads). Unless you're only raising 5% of the time, you want them to fold a fair amount of the time that you're raising(/stealing).