View Single Post
Old 01-12-2007, 02:21 PM

Default Re: FT 1/2 6 max top 2 pair on turn.

of course if you get sb to fold river, you still have to win agsint button. Maybe 2 pair holds up here if he was chasing flush, because both st8 draws hit.

Lets analyze the river bet, since there is no side pot to make an overagressive play nescessary: Will he call with a worse hand? Will he fold a better one?

There is some chance he WOULD fold trips here, but I don't think too often. I also don't think trips would have played that way, especially flop. On turn I don't see trips calling becuase he is first to act and unlikely to get much action betting out on a paired board.

I don't see a worse hand calling, ever.

These facts added to the fact that you must still beat BB with two pair when successful makes it a poor play, in my opinon.

EDIT: OOPS: he bet river! Alright. I feel the same logic holds here for him. I think you are rarely going to find a hand worse than 3kind here. Its a peculiar way for him to play any hand, admittedly. But it doesn't change the fact that he has you beat a high percent of the time. Plus you get to see what he has on the fold, anyway.