View Single Post
Old 01-12-2007, 06:36 AM
 is offline

Default Re: AT, 2 overcards, standard?

[ QUOTE ]
I think you made a mistake on every decision in the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, nice! great help

ok, since everybody hates that hand, i'll argue a little bit.

first of all, there's no way i don't raise preflop here.

flop:

[ QUOTE ]
Against a not very aggressive player who is betting into me as a preflop raiser, I wouldn't raise the flop. He has something

[/ QUOTE ]

the fact that he has something doesn't mean we should go away from our hand in a healthy pot in my opinion.
SINCE WE WANT TO STAY IN THE HAND, I THINK THE BEST PLAY IS TO RAISE, NOT CALL.
raising has several benefits here:
-first of all, the free card raise. it often works against passive opponents, and here they seem to be. as says SSHE, if it's good to see 1 card for 1sb, it's good to see 2 cards for 2sb
-i think i can count on 4 or 5 outs here against 1 opponents, BUT LESS OUTS AGAINST 3 OPPONENTS. so raising can clean me outs.
-raising faces 2 opponents with 2 bets cold and may force them to fold, improving my chances to win the hand
-raising often gains me position as there's only 1 guy behind me
-i can post some hands where that exact raise on the flop won me the pot uncontested.

[ QUOTE ]
I would fold the flop. Since you didn't and he raised he, I would call the raise since you're getting a million to one on your call (and it would look awful to fold to a flop 3-bet here) and then fold the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

so a donk bet scares you and you fold, but a 3-bet makes you think you have to peel?
even though you're getting better odds once he 3-bets, i think the most elementary hand-reading tells us that THAT guy doesn't have only one pair once he 3-bets, and therefore we're NOT getting the odds at all with 2 overcards. even with the chance he has A9 we ain't.

i don't think the flop bet means a monster often enough to fold. a lot of pairs, draws are in his range here.