View Single Post
Old 01-11-2007, 11:44 PM

Default Re: Processor runs slowly

Since it's a laptop w/ a mobile processor, the 599MHz is prolly when it's operating in a power saving mode. As for why it's doing it, I'm not sure. Perhaps that's the battery power setting and there's a loose connection on the power cord? That'd make it drop to "battery power profile" while plugged in, but I would think you'd notice other things if that's the case (most notably, the power saving options usually dim the screen a little).

You could go to power management in control panel and see if any settings there are out of whack (check both battery and a/c power profiles). You could also create a new profile where everything it maxed out all the time w/ no savings at all times, weather on battery or AC power (but it will kill the batt quicker when not plugged in, hence creating a new profile instead of editing the existing battery one....you can then switch back to the batt profile when traveling).

That's all that I can think of at the moment....I was on a 2+2 break for the past ~20 hours due to the forumserver slowdown frustration as of late. That's my excuse for not viewing lol.