Thread: Meh spot
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2007, 07:42 PM

Default Re: Meh spot

I really don't think a good, tight UTG raiser is folding to a push from you at this point with his range + stack so your FE is close to 0 (not quite but I wouldn't rate it higher than 10% including aggressive semi-steal raises on his part). I might be putting him too tight but 88+, AK/AQs seems reasonable, maybe even AJs, so obviously without even pokerstoving it you aren't in great shape. And yet you're looking at a pretty good hand with a stack size that is starting to dwindle...How are you with regards to the average stack? That would probably affect my decision a little bit, because if there were a lot of stacks around my size I might wait and try to attack them, whereas if I was short I think my plan would be stop and go here. Once the flop comes, you will have the FE that you sorely need and you might get him to lay down a better hand on the right flops, not allowing him to see all 5 cards (which is pretty much the principal of the stop and go as far as I understand). This seems to be a good plan of action to me, with folding being my 2nd option. I don't love a push here since I'd like to be able to get him to lay down AK-AQ or TT/JJ after a favorable flop which he will never lay down PF.