Thread: Meh spot
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2007, 07:31 PM

Default Re: Meh spot

Hey Woodguy,

This is for sure on of those meh situations. I think it was Sossman (wheres he at anyways) that said never push 99 over a (normal) UTG Raiser.

Well anyways, If he is tight I think His UTG is AQo AKS, possible KQs 99-AA. I really don't see alot of tightys raiseing utg with less than that. A few problems with this hand.

1. Your stack size really makes this a trouble hand, because ideally you would like to call here and bet out about 2000-2400 on a flop with J high or under. But, doing so would leave you with a less than desirable chip stack, but still playable, if he comes over you on the flop.

2. He has enough chips that I don't think he will fold to your push. He will still be in excellent shape if he losses and is more than likly ready to gambol alittle with some one of your stack size.

Its one of those icky spots that I think you can justify a fold, but I would probly call and lead. Hoping he is missed his AK AQ hand. I sure that I would feel that I just leaked off to many chips after he pushes over my flop lead also.