View Single Post
Old 01-11-2007, 05:11 PM

Default Re: How I would steal your bankroll (long)

this is actually very funny.

I recently had my computer hacked into through LogMeIn. I believe it may have originated from me logging into LogMeIn on a public computer.

They maxed my credit card through Paypal buying stuff on eBay when they were controlling my computer. I was on vacation for 2 weeks the whole time this was going on and did not expect a thing. They also made their way into my poker accounts and used my accounts in some elaborate chip dumping scheme where they took someone's chips, dumped them to me, and then continued to dump them PLUS MINE to someone else then someone else, etc.

And since they did all of this from my computer through LogMeIn, it was all from my IP and even computer. Now Full Tilt and Stars locked my account and seized the few funds I had left. I lost over $3,000 but there was still a little less than 1k left on my Full Tilt account but it's frozen.

And since it appears that I did this myself from my own computer, they said they are giving that remaining $1,000 to the person who originally dumped their chips to me as repayment to them.

I have learned a good lesson from this. Don't use remote administration software on your poker playing computer and DO NOT TRUST POKER SITES with your money.

/gold