View Single Post
Old 01-10-2007, 05:53 PM

Default QQ - I Hate Overpairs

Haven't played much 5/10 in a while, but stumbled onto a sweet game this afternoon & couldn't resist sitting. Then, as is often the case for me when I get into a sweet game, I got smacked upside the head by offsuit crap. About two orbits into my table session, and this is literally the first hand I have played from outside the blinds (and even there, I've just check/folded the flop).

MP1 is a donk of the "any 2 will do" variety; he'll peel the flop with runner runner two pair draws on a pretty constant basis. I have Button as around 20/11/0.9 over a miniscule (50 hand) sample. SB is a LAG that I've matched up with often on the 3/6 tables.

I think it bears repeating that I haven't been playing the 5/10 game on Full Tilt, and so with the exception of SB, the only image that these players have of me is as the guy that's folded 20 straight hands.

So...what am I doing here?

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
8 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is UTG+1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, 2 folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: (9SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.5BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero...?