Thread: Poker on TV
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2007, 07:38 AM

Default Re: Poker on TV

What Kojak said is very true, it is better to learn without seeing the cards of the other players...
But i guess, because u only got 5 posts that you first have to learn how to play you own hands. This means that imo any poker shows on tv are good enough for you. just try to watch those with good commentators, this way you will be told quite a bit of what is going on in a poker players head! Iīd watch shows with Gabe Caplan or Mike Sexton, they really do know a lot about the subject and are able to point out a lot of helpful things.
Try watching high stakes poker first, itīs i think a 300/600 NLHE cash game. You will learn a lot from this, then go to youtube and try to find WSOP shows where you cant see the cards. There are some of those but not too many.
I think this will help you get going quite well and then go to online poker rooms and try to figure out whoīs got which cards by putting people on hand ranges. For this you might also want to read this really excellent thread:
sorry canīt find it at the moment...
will post it later...
also read the poo-bah posts theyīre really good and will help you improve your game. Sorry that this isnīt really about your question but it will be very useful for you!!
cheers