View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 06:31 PM

Default Re: FTP $1 45PP MTT S&G: AK OFFSUIT NEARING FINAL TABLE

[ QUOTE ]
Don't over bet the pot so much next time, you will usually only get called with hands that beat you. Be happy he had such a crappy hand and don't be results oriented. Raise is good PF and then make a standard bet after the flop, you played this very amateurly (no offense that's just how I would describe it). Don't worry about folding y our way into the money, you should take chances to double up. You have a lot of posts under your belt, you should know better than to be so results oriented.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not as results oriented as you imagine though I do think overbetting the pot was a mistake. I busted myself out basically. I think there were probably better spots waiting...I got a very good situation when he turned over K9 but I do think it was a mistake to overbet. I think I just got manic. Sometimes, there are just lapses in concentration.

Most of my posts have been in other forums playing other games, etc. I am learning the game of MTT S&GS and also STT S&Gs. I have made great strides but there is obviously more to be learnt...

Thanks for the post.