View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 01:13 PM

Default Suggestion for all poker sites Re: dealing with scammers and thieves

Yes. It's scary that in some cases, all you need is a password to gain access to 6-figure sums of money. The sites need to offer better security and here are the first steps they should take to do so:

1) require users to provide more information at login. For example, many online banking sites (HSBC, Emigrant Direct, etc) require you to key in an extra password with your mouse or answer security questions in addition to entering your password. Poker sites could easily add this to their software within a week. Make it optional for those who don't want to deal with the hassle but make sure they're aware of the risk of losing their bankroll if they get hacked.

2) IP checks. These should be done with money transfers and at the tables. If I'm logged in from a California location and 5 minutes later someone logs into my account from Toronto, I want Stars to prevent that person from making any transfers or sitting at any tables to chip-dump. I've always felt that money transfers at Stars were too lenient and this can easily be improved with stricter requirements, especially with large sums of money.