View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 12:24 AM

Default Re: SCKeylogger found - what is next?

i do network and computer security for a living, and i think above all the absolute most important thing you could have is a top-of-the-line anti-virus scanner. if you are worried about keyboard loggers and the like, anti-virus is so much more important than spybot, adaware, etc.

AVG and others are ok but go and spend the money to buy mcafee or norton. make sure they are set to automatically update (which they should be out of the box). scan and continue to re-scan until there are no items flagged.

but there are definitely some great ideas in this thread. among them, enable heuristic scanning in your anti-virus, separate the play pc from financials, and using virtual machines to do your dirty work. i think having a router such as a linksys is also a great way to protect your pc, and also using regular user accounts instead of administrator will help keep undesirable software out.

all of that said, paranoia abounds. if i found a keystroke logger on my pc, i would still probably backup, format, and rebuild just to be safe.