View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 11:29 PM

Default Re: Firing the Second Barrel (long)

[ QUOTE ]

This has been a long post. Hopefully it has given you something to think about, even if that something is just tl;dr.
[ QUOTE ]

Wow. Too long for me! Nice hand probably!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

yep. nh.

confirmed alot of concepts ive been trying to get my head around lately.

i think my problem is that i understand you should c-bet less frequently on the turn, on dry boards then on drawey boards. but i find that i will often fire again on a drawey board, and be forced to call ac/r.

hrmmm, let me get this straight once and for-all. please correct me if wrong (which im sure i am):

- be more inclined to fire the second barrel when the board is dry.
- if you pick up a redraw on the turn, be less inclided to fire the second barrel, even on a drawey board because you have to call a c/r

does this then mean that if you dont pick up a solid redraw on the turn it is better to bet and fold to a c/r then it would be if you did pick up a solid draw? [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] whoa, why do i get the feeling that is very wrong...

lets say you ahve A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
you raise in position and are called by the BB and its HU.

flop comes T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. you c-bet that. yes?

if turn is 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] you are better checking behind. because you now must call a c/r

if the turn is 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] you would be better firing again and folding to a c/r.

.... is that really fkn dumb... i feel so stupid sometimes...