Thread: college beat
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 09:47 PM

Default Re: college beat

Cit,

Before I address your comments, I first want to make my stance very clear on the issue. I think that OP is a douche. I think his whole approach to this situation is terrible. I presonally despise these people as well. I pay for most of my own education, and 5 figures deep in debt. I work my ass off to maintain a 3.9. People that rely on their parents make me sick.

But here's where we differ. I believe thorougly in second chances. Moreover, I believe that OP should be left alone to work out his own business without disturbance from uninvolved parties. I think a healthy flaming should be the extent to 2p2's involvment in this matter.

Here's my problem with your logic (besides the fact that I think it is terribly low to laugh at people's misfortune):

[ QUOTE ]
I believe exactly that I have the right to be an administrator of justice in this scenario. I don't have a duty to do so, but I'm certainly entitled to, and have the right to do as I please.

[/ QUOTE ]
You don't have that right here. What you're instructing people to do would fall under Defamation of Character. You simply can't present "facts" about a person that would severely damage their reputation. All we have to go off of here is OP's summary of the facts, which may or may not have been elaborated on appropriately.

[ QUOTE ]
Similarly, I believe OP doesn't have a right to be protected in this scenario.

[/ QUOTE ]
Your belief here is contrary to the law.

[ QUOTE ]
Note that by attempting to pass on information to the relevent parties, I'm not "adminstrating justice," I'm merely attempting to enable those who might administer justice to do their jobs better, by making them have as complete information as possible for their decision making process.

[/ QUOTE ]
The thing is, you're NOT trying to pass on objective information. You originally wanted to report "Insurance fraud." What OP did may or may not constitute insurance fraud. To elaborate, consider this example: "Tax evasion" vs. "Tax avoidance." The prior is illegal, the latter is standard legal practice.

You're really in no position to be passing on "information."

[ QUOTE ]
I believe I'm much closer to attempting to punish him for his absolute sense of entitlement and idiocy of posting this particular problem on this web page.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's VERY alarming to me if you truly believe this.

Do you REALLY believe that OP should be kicked out of school for reaching out to the internet when in a jam? Do you REALLY think he shouldn't be afforded a fair chance at making his case to a professor without interference?

DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT SOMEONE SHOULD BE PUNISHED SO SEVERELY FOR SUCH A SMALL TRANSGRESSION????

(notice that I'm not addressing the situation as a whole, but only the part that you mention as significant yourself)