View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 05:49 PM

Default Re: PCA hand, allin preflop with 76o at the 100/200 level

[ QUOTE ]
You sure he's 3-betting small PPs? Lots of players pretty much never 3-bet with more than 30 bbs with 22-99.

Pokerstove's not working for me either, so I'll try and do stuff by hand. I'm going to assume that he's not 3-betting 22-99 and otherwise assume your range is right.

So his raising range is A5+ (136 combos), TT+ (30), JT (16), QT+ (32), KT+ (48), 45s-9Ts (24), for a total of 286 hands. Let's just say he calls half the time with JJ/AK, so that makes his calling range 3 combos of JJ, 8 combos of AK and 18 combos of QQ+, for 29 combos total.

Your push costs you like 16k to win a pot of 4.1k. Since he's only calling you like 10% of the time, this is a profitable push even if you lose 100% of the time when called [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

Did I do something stupid somewhere or is that right?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think SB's reraising range is somewhat loose for your average tourney player. I think its closer to 77+, AJo+, KQs, and some random trash hands but not too many to account for true squeezes. His calling range is probably accurate though.

Dont have pokerstove on this comp, but thats way less EV than before.