View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 04:36 PM

Default Re: Should I CB? A Quiz.

Even though this is an older thread, I figured I'd take a crack at it.

*GRUNCHING*

1) We have a very solid hand preflop and we got a call from the SB. The board is somewhat helpful (with the naked K) and since our opponent has checked to us, I think this seems like a good spot for us to bet ~$3 and take down the pot.

Answer: YES

2) This is a fold for me UTG, but since we're folded to in the CO, I definitely like raising it up here. Again, the SB has called and could have a wide variety of hands, especially considering where we raised from. That being said, this is about as safe a board as we could have asked for. Fire away!

3) I'm raising PPs in any position, so this raise is fine. But this flop is kind of scary, IMO. Opponent is definitely calling in the SB with hands like QTs, JTs, etc. I check behind here and re-evaluate on the turn.

Answer: NO

4) No-brainer raise PF, and no-brainer raise on the flop, IMO. Even though the pot is 3-handed, we have flopped a monster hand and are now trying to build a pot.

5) With both the SB and the BB coming along, I'm more inclined to check this flop and pray for a 4 or a [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Then again, how about betting the flop with the intention of checking behind on the turn?

Answer: ???

6) Easy raise PF, but this is a really scary board. Even though we have a pair + a FD/SD, I'm afraid we are going to get check-raised pretty often on this board. Check behind and hope you spike one of your drawing cards.

7) With the pot being 3-handed and monotone, I'm likely to check here, but I really don't like it. Then again, you could always fire at it and represent a big [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Answer: ???

8) Ah, the easiest for last. We have a great hand preflop, but this flop really didn't do much for us. Straight draws + FDs are out there. We have 3 outs to the absolute nuts, but even then opponents have some re-draws. I'm checking behind here.

Well, that was fun. Thanks to AJ for posting that, let's hope I can apply some of those concepts to my game next time I'm playing!