View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 03:40 AM

Default Re: 2008 National Champions (NCAAF)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Washington Huskies.

Hey, I can dream, can't I? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

b

[/ QUOTE ]

Bernie,

The reasoning behind your undying hate for the Irish finally became clear to me: You have justified apprehension that Tyrone Willingham will set your program back the 5+ years that he did for Notre Dame. If you are unclear about what I'm saying, take a look at only the handful of JRs and SRs that will start for ND next season due to Ty's atrocious recruiting. CW was fortunate to win as much as he has over the last 2 seasons with the lack of depth and talent at key postions on the team. Unfortunately, ND will not be in the mix again until maybe '08 or '09.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing to do with it. I hated them when Willingham was there, and before he was there.

Willingham is doing a fine job at UW. See the Huskies 2 years ago as compared to how they're doing now. You don't get much worse than back then.
If ND does well, I'm sure it will be Weiss genius, though if they do bad, it will be on Willingham. God forbid that Weiss may not be as good as everyone thinks.

Direct comparison? ND vs USC this year. UW did better with much worse talent. Almost won 8 games with that bad of a team. I guess it's tough to play with a heisman hopeful at QB, a good RB and a good WR.

ND will be in the mix next year. They'll lose their 10th str8 bowl game. Probably another BCS bowl they shouldn't be in.

b