View Single Post
Old 01-07-2007, 11:39 PM

Default Horrible Floor at Taj

Spent Wed and Thurs night this week there. Been playing there a long time. Many of the floor there are former dealers there, as expected. The three days I spent playing was the worst display of the floor I've ever seen there. The computers don't help.

Start it off by getting a fill in on the phone that afternoon for the woman who does the poker rate rooms. He tells me it's good. I tell him he has to make calls and he says it's changed and I just have to tell them at check-in to call the poker room. Why argue? Needless to say he was wrong and problem with first night rate.

Get there and I put my name on the list for 20 holdem. They call a new game and, as often happens, the game doesn't go. I look up at the screen a few min's later and my name is no where to be found on a new list they've somehow started again.

I'm 2nd on a list for a 2-5 NL game and on the other side of the room playing 20-40 (high/low stakes have different speakers and 2-5 was on low side). The floor goes on break and the guy filling in doesn't give a sh*t. I check the list and find myself 4th and passed over twice. He responds by saying sarcastically how it'll be such great importance to him and will keep an eye on me now.

I'm in a must move 20 holdem game that is down to 5 players. One regular is afraid to play short and says he doesn't want to pay time. The floor says he has to sit out the full turn and charges us half, $4. Fifteen minutes later, the douche bag sits down and takes a hand. He tells the floor that after ten minutes he doesn't have to pay. The floor knows him and doesn't say anything. I don't say anything either because I'm next on the list for the main game and, as it was, two of the remaining four players didn't want to play short either and I figured they'll be happy to play 5 and keep playing.

Good news is I saw a few guys who had gone to the Borgata 20-40/40-80 but have now come back. Bad news is Taj floor is getting worse when the competition is getting better.