View Single Post
Old 01-07-2007, 07:41 PM

Default Re: SCKeylogger found - what is next?

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you for the response. I don't think I have accessed any of my poker or email accounts from this computer recently. I also recently changed most of my passwords. I am not sure if I should change those again. By changing those again could I actually be helping a hacker gain those new passwords?

[/ QUOTE ]

np.

Well that would be a problem if your not 100% sure about the computer you are using to change the passwords. If a keylogger is installed its going to see everything you type. Ssome have evolved to even take screenshots now on mouseclicks [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

The other pc I am not sure about. My spybot icon was missing so I went to download.com and downloaded the latest version of spybot. It froze my computer when I tried to download the latest definitions. I rebooted the computer and received a spybot message that spybot terminated abnormally and was altered or something like that. It suggested a possible virus or keylogger. I ran adaware and it came back fine. I am trying to download new definitions for spybot.

[/ QUOTE ]

This could be a concern. I had a nasty trojan once upon a time that would actually reboot my machine when I tried to run adaware -- malware is certainly capable of interfering with cleaning programs.

If your at all unsure about any computers I would honestly recommend a complete reformat. Its a serious pain I know but really the only 100% sure way. Also, if you do reformat be sure to get a firewall on first thing (preferable before you connect to the net for the first time(ie use a flashdrive/portable HD to load it) then patch up immediately.