View Single Post
Old 01-07-2007, 12:50 AM

Default Re: The peter pan surgury

My objection or approval of it would once I know all the relevant facts and data and thoughts of those involved, would stem from the amount of brain damage the girl has. Is she capable of understanding what is going on around her and what the surgery will do and why the parents are doing it?? How self aware is she???

Without answers to those, I can't make a clear judgment; however, given that she has been said to have "severe" brain damage and the fact that the parents are attempting to reduce their own suffering without causing her much, and that they think they can make her happier as well, I would support it.

Heep in mind, Stu, this is a separate question from the gay cure, which will affect a person capable of understanding what has happened to them, and whose parents (without any specific data to the exact case) are otherwise perfectly capable of raising them. (And even though I am against the gay cure, I would of course insist on a case by case basis and would certainly find exceptions.)