View Single Post
Old 01-06-2007, 09:07 PM

Default Re: Indianapolis @ Baltimore opens at -4

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I originally thought it would open at 6 but that maybe, MAYBE, today's game could push it down to 4.5. Shows what I know. Oh well. I like my bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am confused. The Colts were god awful today. Why would you think their performance would move the line for Baltimore from -6 to -4.5?

[/ QUOTE ]

As McGahee put it, the bandwagon effect.

Everyone was worried about the defense and the defense looked good today. So I thought that the book would shade downward to account for the fact that people would be saying, "Wow, the Colts have their D together, look out." But maybe I just mis-capped the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, I see what you are saying. I think it was more of KC looking worse than any offense in playoff history. There were several simple drops for first downs that had nothing to do with Indy. If I recall, Kennison flat out dropped 2 passes for first downs on the first 2 drives.

I also thought Indy's offense didnt look that great and Peyton reverted back to Playoff Peyton. I mean they put up only 9 points in the first half against a defense they should have chewed up when the opposing team didnt get a first down. That is pretty awful. A defense like baltimore at home should chew them up.